break barrels?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

break barrels?

Post by silhouette13 »

hi
who is rocking break barrels, i know underlevers are the favored springer, buta anyone using theoben? rws? just asking cause i just sent my father in laws mid 80's diana 45 in for a rebuild. speed wise it should be fine. i was planning on using it until i save up for something nicer. once i get used to the process of cocking it, is there any reasons not to shoot a break barrel?

and at what speed is it considered by the learned AR folks as too much? i can by a 1000 fps RWS for hald a TX200 with an adjustable trigger.

thanks
dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: break barrels?

Post by silhouette13 »

the model 45 IF they get it to like new functionality is just around 800 fps
dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: break barrels?

Post by Dee »

The Mod 45 is the airgun that started my love affair with airguns in the 80's. My dad bought one and put a Beeman Blue Ribbon scope on it and needless to say compared to my friends pumping their asses off with Benji's etc and open sights I was in high cotton. They are great shooting rifles nothing wrong with break barrels at all they jump in your hand the same as a fixed barrel. I have a tuned TX200 now but I still have the thought of getting a older Mod 45 just for old times sake. I used that thing to hunt all sorts of small game from Bull Frogs to Rabbits.

800 fps sounds about right depending on pellet weight. You do not want a pellet gun that shoots pellets over around 900 fps to maybe 950 max I find anything over that ends up with crap accuracy out past 20 yards if that far even no matter if it is a $200 springer or $3000 PCP.

The 80's Mod 45 had good triggers in them too.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!