Question...

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Question...

Post by CZforlife »

Not to familiar to air rifles like I am to .22's but I do know that they are good to train with! I currently have a gamo break barrel, which is great for knockin squirrels and crows off the bird feeder but I would like to find something for field target or silhouette. Not looking for the Annie of air rifles or not yet atleast but something more like the CZ version for air rifles. My two requirements are, no break barrels and must be able to get to a 2lb trigger or lighter.
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Question...

Post by Dee »

With good airguns you won't be able to get a two pound trigger lol at all. I know your Gamo probably feels about the same as a stock .45 ACP 1911 in the trigger but better airguns do not feel like that. CZ actually does make airguns and pretty nice ones but the nicest is also the smallest and you would look silly shooting one the are so small in size. I have the perfect rifle for you Huey and its your lucky day because it happens to be for sale =)) AirArms S400 ERB FAC, a full sized rifle that holds like a real rifle and will outshoot you. With a two stage trigger as well. Only reason I am selling it is because I just got that Walther below.

Have you ever shot high end airguns before?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Not really but I know hambone did for a little. What is the weight on the trigger and what does it function on?
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

The trigger weight is around 1/2 pound I would guess but can be increased some more but not likely up to 2 pounds without changing some springs out to heavier ones. Not sure what you are asking when you say "function on" I would say well air of course :lol: It is a PCP rifle if that is what you are asking. You fill it with the scuba/firemans airtanks. Hammie should be able to point you in the right direction if he has experience with the better airguns out there.

Dee
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I have an Air Arms 410 PCP. It is really equivalent to an Anschutz 1710/12. The Air Arms TX200 is a lever cocking spring gun that is also pretty nice and a lot cheaper (500?). You can probably find either on the yellow 54 airgun web site classifieds. You may also want to look at a FWB 601, that would be kinda like a 54MS. I guess they go about 700 bucks. Those three guns and maybe the HW97 are the best values for silhouette.
Match ammo for airguns is about $100 for 5000 rounds. I guess that would be (easily) equivalent to buying Wolf 22s or RWS etc. So they really cost a lot less to feed.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I would agree Ter the stock on the S400 feels very similar to a Pharr stock just a tad bit less meaty in the butt but very like it in the forearm and grip with a little less palm swell.

Dee
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Hey dee, shoot me a pm with a price. Probably won't be able to buy it right now with my current rifle build going on, but if your not looking to get rid of it right now, maybe down the road I could buy it. :mrgreen:
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Well Huey since you are a protege of Lord Hambone Duke of Anschutz I can only be lead to believe you have DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Pockets so I will have to come to some price that is reasonable in a highly overpriced kind of way. :P

Dee

PM forthcoming...
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

No, no, no, not in anyway related to "Lord Hamebone of Anschutz", I had to sell 1 rifle 2 paintball guns and do a bunch of work just to get the Anschutz I have on the way. But what type of price are we talking about and is it a PCP?
Baby Huey
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

If its a pcp the only way to fill it is will a scuba tank right?
Baby Huey
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

CZforlife wrote:If its a pcp the only way to fill it is will a scuba tank right?
No, you can get a hand pump also..
http://www.pilkguns.com/rifleaccessories.shtml
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

But the pump is $230 still. I was thinking about one of these. Is it to powerful for air rifle silhouette?

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/air-arms-tx ... ifle.shtml
Baby Huey
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

And what caliber .177 or .22?
Baby Huey
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I prefer the .177. Easier to get pellets, cheaper pellets & no target damage.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Bob do you think 930fps is to much for air rifle silhouette?
Baby Huey